Pifer Office Supply
BRIEF HISTORY 1892 A newspaper publisher/editor, George F. Norton, and Thomas M. Hiltzheimer established the company that in time would become known as Winchester Printers. Back then, The George F. Norton Publishing Company offered commercial printing, embossing, engraving high class stationery, blank books, office art, and school supplies. 1929 In 1929, the company became known as Winchester Printers and Stationers, Inc. 1936 This year saw another name change, to Pifer Printing and Stationery. 1952 The company split into two entities: Pifer Printing + Pifer Office Supply. 1965 The company moved to its long-time former location at 116 North Braddock Street. 1970 Five years later, another name change brought the company to its present name, Winchester Printers, Inc., under the leadership of the Hottle family. 2000 As the graphics industry has evolved to its present hi-tech state, we have endeavored to upgrade our equipment and facilities to stay on the leading edge. In 2000, we built our current 25,000 square foot plant on five acres just east of Winchester, allowing space for updated equipment and future expansion. 2014 These are exciting times for Winchester Printers! Our logo has undergone a transformation, but our mission remains the same.